Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy 3 months Emily!

Happy 3 months to my baby girl! Well, on the 5th anyways! :)

I cannot believe how fast time is going by! Emily is already 3 months old! I feel like it was just yesterday that I was going in for my 20wk ultrasound. I remember the nurse showing us our beautiful baby on the computer screen and showing us how healthy this baby was going to be. The nurse saved the best for last - Em's girly parts! I remember crying a lot and telling her to please be 100% sure of what she was telling me because I had 2 boys at home. I was so excited that we were going to have a girl and to share this news with my family. Little did I know that my hubby had texted my sister while the nurse was still checking out Emily and so my sister got to share the news with my family! By the time I called my mom (which was immediately after I left the u/s room) she was already celebrating that she was going to have a granddaughter. Emily is her 6th grandchild - the 5 before Em are all boys! So needless to say she was really excited about this baby girl coming to the world!

Emily - you are such a blessing to our lives. You complete our family. The boys (including ur daddy) could not be crazier about you!
Em this is what you have been up to this last month:
- You love to be held and cuddled.
- You like your behind to be patted gently while you fall asleep.
- You learned how to smile back when we smile at you.
- You giggle when we talk to you! I love love love this!!
- You love it when Jake and Logan talk to you.
- You still enjoy the baby swing. Especially when the little fish above your head are moving - you really enjoy watching them.
- If I leave you in the swing, 95% of the time you fall asleep.
- You are sleeping from 7:30-8 AM. You wake up somewhere between 2AM and 5AM to eat. Although you have slept thru the night a handful of times. (I am definitly ready for you to sleep thru the night every night!)
- You are wearing some 3 month clothing and some 3-6 month stuff.
- You are in size 1 diapers (but are probably ready for size 2)
- I took you to the dr on Nov 2nd - 3 days shy of 3 months and you weighed 12lbs 3 oz.
- We (your Dr. and I) think you have an allergy to dairy - so mommy has been on a dairy free diet for 4 wks. You are not showing as much of an improvement as I would like to see - your diapers are still showing proof that your tummy is irritated. I will talk to your Dr. some more about this at your 4 month appt.
- You love the baby Bjorn - but only if your daddy is wearing it. For some reason when mommy wears the Bjorn you cry. :(
- Mommy and Daddy got really brave and took you out to dinner with them a couple of times and you did fantastic! (Jake and Logan where never happy doing this - at this age)
- Your night time routine has been the same since you were about 1wk old. We give you a bath around 6:45PM, then your last feeding and then you fall fast asleep.
- Your eyes still haven't changed color. They are still green.

The day you were born:


3 months later:



1 comment:

  1. OMG KARLA!! She is soooo beautiful! I wish Kate's BFF lived a litte closer;) lol!
    Cant wait to meet this sweet princess this month! Tell me all the details of your visit. Maybe we can do the ICE exhibit again!
    xoxo-S

    ReplyDelete